Outdoor Wheelchair Lifts
An outdoor wheelchair lift, or wheelchair elevator, is a great alternative for accessing vertical heights from 14 inches to 14 feet in the exterior of a home. These wheelchair lifts are designed to handle the weather and the harsh temperatures of the outdoors. From 20 below zero F to 120 degrees F, exterior wheelchair lifts are made for the outside of your home. They are powder coated to prevent rust and enhanced durability, These wheelchair lifts on the outside of your home can go up to a deck or porch, or up an entire floor, or make up to 3 landings accessible.
We sell, install and service outdoor wheelchair lifts from four different manufacturers to fit your needs and that includes a platform that fits you and your mobility device, as well as options for doors and gates at the landing for safety. This also provides some choices for color and design to meet your needs. See below for a video and standard and optional equipment for each wheelchair lift.
Part of our free home evaluation is determining which option is the best for your home including choices like a stair lift, a vertical platform lift, an inclined platform lift, or a home elevator. If you are looking for Commercial Wheelchair Lifts, please see our page for that specific solution. After we understand all your needs, there are specific codes and safety requirement that each vertical platform lift needs to meet in order to install it in your home. We also have all the specific licensing that is needed including a licensed elevator contractor or a licensed wheelchair lift contractor, and a licensed general contractor. We are truly a specialist and will only recommend what will meet your needs. Lastly, we provide a dedicated service team that honors a long term warranty and will service you long into the future.
Wheelchair Lift for Stairs Outside
The outdoor wheelchair lift or vertical platform lift is designed for the exterior of your home. We recommend a battery powered solutions at they are whisper quiet, and will work even if the power is out. These lifts are very reliable, safe, and provide independence to go inside and outside your home.
Here are the standard features:
- Self Lowering ramp at the bottom for a seamless transition to the sidewalk, garage, or landing on the bottom of the lift.
- The ramp folds to provide a safety barrier while riding the lift to the top. An optional gate can be installed on the lift to fully protect you inside the lift while you ride up or down.
- The Lifting Heights options are 53 inches high, 75 inches high, 8 feet high, 10 feet high, 12 feet height, or 14 feet height depending on the model you choose
- You can choose from up and down push button controls or rocker switch controls.
- Included Safety Feature are a bottom plate that protects against anything getting underneath the lift. This could be a ball, or a pet, or your foot.
- Included Safety Feature of a top gate or a door that locks when the lift is in use for protection against falls.
- Includes Safety Feature includes a call or send control that can bring the lift to you at any landing and send the lift to the bottom or the top.
- For the taller lifts (8 feet or over), emergency lowering is available on battery power to protect again all system failures.