Indoor Wheelchair Lift (Interior)
An indoor wheelchair lift can save space, and create a simple, easy to use solutions to overcome vertical levels in a home, most commonly stairs at an entrance or inside of a home. Also called a vertical platform lift, or VPL, the lift can lift between 1 foot and 14 feet of vertical height, and can fit inside virtually any home. A vertical platform lift can be the affordable solution between a stair lift ($3000-16,000) and a home elevator ($29,000-$75,000). Each inside (interior) wheelchair lift can fit your space and your existing decor with a quiet, safe and reliable drive that has many safety and backup solutions.
Because this lift moves vertically, it needs an open path inside your home. This can be inside the garage, up to a loft, or moving thru the levels in your home inside a shaftway. We start by determining the easiest way for you to gain accessibility to your home, and recommend more than one option to fit your needs. Many people think that wheelchair lifts are too expensive and are surprised to find that they are the affordable option.
There are many options including standard features and optional equipment. They are easy to use including Pressure control rocker switch for up/down operation. Automatic self lowering ramps folds down for a smooth roll on/off access, and fold up with in use to create a safety barrier. A lift capacity of 750lbs can carry most of the heaviest wheelchair models and you safety to your destination. You can operate this lift independently with the use of simple controls.
Although built to withstand the outside elements, the Interior Wheelchair Lift or Vertical Platform Lift is designed for inside your home. We recommend the battery powered units as they are whisper quiet, and will work even during a power outage. You will be confident that you can move about inside your home and leave whenever you want with this option.
Here are the standard features:
- Automatic self lowering folding ramp
- 750 lbs lifting capacity
- Lifting Heights (53 inches) (75 inches) (8 feet) (10 feet) (12 feet) (14 feet) based on model
- Separate up and down push-button or rocker switches.
- Safety Feature include bottom plate covering every inch of the platform that stops if anything get under the lift.
- Safety Features include top gate or door to protect again falls when the lift is down.
- Safety Features include call/send controls to call or send the lift to the landing that you are at and unlock the gate/door
- Safety Features include emergency lowering where needed to protect any and all system failures.
- Top landing gate or door with key or mechanical interlock (this means the lift can have a door or gate lock with the lift if not at that landing. This is a key protection for all elevators or wheelchair lifts)
- A cold weather package for Vertical Platform Lifts, tested to perform to 20 below Zero F
- Battery Power that is always charged and ready and allow the lift to operate without public or home power.
- Controls to fit your needs no matter what the disability.