The Acorn stairlift, also called a chair lift, is value-priced and made in England. It fits any straight staircase and is ideal for a small budget. It has all the standard seating plus an attractive cloth seat and molded plastic chair. The Acorn chair lift is well known and is sold under the Acorn or Brooks brands. Accessible Systems has over 20 years experience and our price includes installation.
While the Acorn stairlift has a larger rail and is not the most reliable lift, it comes at a value price and is a basic and economical lift for your home with a design that has existed over 12 years. The steel rack is exposed at the top of the rail and is visible. This rack should be greased for best operation. The charging strip charges the stairlift at the top 3 inches and the bottom 3 inches. The chair lift will beep if not on the charging strip and should not be left anywhere in the middle of the stairs.
Acorn Stairlift Overview
- Padded seat and backrest – Ensures that the Acorn Stair Lift gives the most comfortable ride available.
- Directional paddle switches – Easy to operate, even by those with limited dexterity.
- Safety belt – Included for added security.
- Folding arms, seat and footrest
- Lockable swivel seat
- Allows the user to safely board and leave the lift without the need for twisting the body.
- Lockable on/off switch allows the user to prevent others from using the lift.
- Diagnostic digital display informs the user of the status of the stair lift.
- Safety sensors – Five safety sensors on the footrest and carriage stop the lift if an obstruction is encountered.
- Remote controls -2 handsets supplied, which allow the user to ‘call’ or ‘send’ the stair lift up and down the staircase.