A stairlift, also called a chair glide for stairs, provides a great way to move up and down the stairs in a home and this special piece of mobility equipment can be extremely helpful for seniors and anyone with physical disabilities. A sliding chair for stairs that are straight, curved, L-shaped, and others types of stairways, provides accessibility to all levels of a home, inside and outside and there are many models, styles and colors to chose from.
Stairlift Chair Glide for Straight Stairs
Most staircases are straight, and a single chair glide for this environment offers the following features:
- Slim Track – A chair for stairs that are straight rides on a slim rail or track that is only 2 inches wide and only 2 inches from the wall. The Bruno Elan stair lift model we sell, install and service offer the slimmest track, which saves room, makes every staircase easy to use, and also leaves plenty of walking room for everyone else.
- No Home Modification Required – Because the tracks on which the stairlift glides on does not touch the wall, and installs directly to the tread of the stairs, they don’t require any remodeling/construction to the home, and offer a simple installation while protecting the value of a home.
- Safe – Each sliding chair has safety features to provide ease of use. Getting into the lift is easy, and the chair swivels at the top to prevent any problem and also keeps the walking path of the staircase open.
- Reliable – The stair lifts we recommend are Made in the USA and are designed to work for years of operation without maintenance. They are very quiet, easy to operate, move at a good pace, and continue to operate even during a power outage.
- Battery Powered – To insure reliable operation, each stairlift chair glide has two 12 volt electric batteries that will operate the lift for days without any power. The Bruno stairlifts specifically, charge the battery throughout the entire track, not just at the top or bottom during resting positions, as is common in other makers’ models. This ensures it will never leave a ride stranded mid-trip.
- Installation – A certified technician is highly recommended with any stairlift chair installation and the work typically only takes a few hours. This ensures the best fit for the rider’s height, weight, and staircase design.
About 30% of staircases in American homes have a landing in the middle or are curved in design. Here are the benefits of a chair glide for these types of staircases:
Stairlift Chair Glide for Curved Stairs
- Customization – The Bruno Elite curved chair lifts can be custom fitted to any staircase no matter what the configuration (see image).
- Cost Savings – are much less expensive than an elevator or moving and offer a complete solution from the bottom to the top of any stairs.
Stairlift Chair Glide for Outdoor Stairs
An outdoor stair lift or chair glide can be used on any straight staircase outside the home. These types of stairs are typically found at the entrances to a home form a patio or deck or a garage. The particular Bruno Elite outdoor stair lift models we use are weather proof and are protected against the rain, hail, snow, and high winds. They also have a beautiful cover to keep the chair clean. One of the key features is that the track on which it slides does not have exposed teeth, which keeps it dust free and operational across all four seasons. The battery also withstands extreme cold and hot temperatures.