Preventing injuries from falls and attaining bath safety in your home is possible, with some careful planning and a few modifications. The bathroom is known as the most dangerous room in your home and for a good reason! There are many barriers – like the narrow width of the door to the tight space between the sink to toilet to bathing area – plus the fall risks from slick floor tiles and tub or shower surfaces from the layers of soap residue and water. Let’s not forget about tripping hazards from rugs or low toilets and other clutter.
Bath Safety Solutions
There are many bath safety solutions to chose from. A bathroom remodel can address many risk areas. Bath safety equipment can also help. Some bathroom safety solutions include:
- Installing grab bars in key areas for grip to prevent falls.
- A foldable bench
- Door widening to allow easy entry with a walker or on a wheelchair.
- Removing barriers like the high step of a bathtub and replacing it with a roll-in shower.
- Lowering the sink or clearing the area beneath it to allow someone in a wheelchair to roll under it.
- Raising the toilet height to make rising easier.
- The use of specialized equipment like a ShowerBuddy or a more comprehensive body lift system to allow easy transfers between chair to toilet to tub/shower.
One of our bath safety specialists can help identify the most ideal bathroom remodel or equipment solution for your needs.