A Monthly Live Webinar for Frontline Workers Involved in the Hospital Discharge Process
They are coming home. Now what? Whether the stay at rehab or the hospital was expected or due to an emergency, homecoming is what everyone is waiting for – but it must be planned for. As a home accessibility solutions provider, we can help with making a home accessible, by helping you create a successful client/patient discharge with adaptive equipment and barrier-free home modifications. Join us LIVE for a virtual tour of Denver’s uniquely adapted show home. There is no charge to attend, but registration is required. The educational webinars are approximately 55 minutes of learning what goes into making a home accessible, including Q&A.
Thursday Webinars – for CO, UT, TX Professionals
This is a 55 minute zoom discussion from Denver’s adapted show home with Living In Place experts from Accessible Systems. We will feature a new partner each month. Email Amy if interested in becoming a partner.
October 28th, 2021, 12:00 PM MST
November 11th, 2021, 12:00 PM MST
December 30th, 2021, 12:00 PM MST
What Will be Covered?
- The Home Assessment
- The Planning Timeline for Short and
- Long Term Needs
- Modification Options
- Solution Demo’s in a Practical Setting
- Funding Resources
- Common Questions and Concerns
- HIPAA and COVID Concerns
- Will the patient come home using a wheelchair or assistive device?
- Is the home safe and easily accessible for them in the short and long term of recovery and independent living?
- Will they need help with transfers, bathing, housekeeping, cooking and other daily activities?
Who Should Attend?
- Discharge Planners
- Case Managers
- Care Managers
- Social Workers
- OT’s, PT’s Therapy Departments
- Home Care Providers
- Anyone interested in post discharge planning for those with limited mobility
Watch a Live Webinar About the Hospital to Home Transition
“It was so helpful for me to not only see all the equipment but also see how it is used in a practical setting. As social workers we rarely see the patient in action.” – Iva, Case Manager, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital
Like Us on Facebook
Check our Facebook Events page and please LIKE US while you’re there.
Please contact Amy with any questions or concerns.